This is one of my favourite healthy summer breakfasts. These flapjacks are so easy to make, you just throw everything into the blender and that’s it! Plus they are super nutritious and a great alternative to normal flapjacks. Not only do these make a great breakfast but they also make a really nutritious snack for kids. Take two of these flapjacks, add some nut butter or yoghurt in between and pop them into your kids’s lunchbox.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of oat flour*
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- Place oat flour, eggs and banana in blender and blend until mixed through.
- The mixture should be thick enough to spoon out. Add the blueberries and fold in gently, don’t blend the blueberries.
- Lightly oil your pan and place on medium heat.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of mixture in the pan and fry until golden on both sides.
- Serve with full cream yoghurt, nuts and seeds.
- High fiber: oats
- Vitamins and minerals: banana & blueberries
- High protein: eggs, yoghurt
- Healthy fats: nuts and seeds
- Probiotics: yoghurt
- Naturally sweet: banana
- Low sodium
* I usually blend whole oats in my blender to make my own oat flour, its much cheaper to do it yourself. But commercial oat flour is fine as well.